Data Scientist (Mid-level)
We're looking for a driven and pragmatic builder, who want to use their skills and experience to solve meaningful problems and build world-changing solutions. Whether it's developing a predictive maintenance solution for hundreds of wind turbines, or solving an industry-wide manufacturing defect for a steel manufacturer, you're comfortable to knock any challenge out of the park using a laptop, an LSTM, and a cup of coffee. As part of one of our data science teams, your mission will be to radically improve the way that our customers operate their electro-mechanical assets to improve their efficiency. You'll be exploring datasets, manipulating them, training models on them and pushing the models to production.
Why do we need you?
- We need people to help us develop new products. Carrying out exploratory data analyses, formulating machine learning cases or coming up with clever features during white-boarding sessions with your team. Training state-of-the-art models will be part of your week-to-week activities.
- We rapidly roll out existing products over different clients within an industry. You will speed up the process by automating the most time-consuming parts of these trajectories.
- We are building technology to remove as much manual work from our activities as possible. By contributing to our tools you will enable Jungle engineers to work more efficiently.
- As machine learning is becoming a common term, we need you to help the world dream about the possibilities of this technology whilst remaining humble, pragmatic, and down to earth.
Why work with us?
- Use your skills to have a meaningful impact in the world!
- Work with state-of-the-art (TRUE state-of-the-art) technology
- Flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location
- Daily fuel to keep you going; breakfast, lunch, fruits, and snacks
- Jungle takes care of you with our monthly massage programme and bi-weekly yoga classes
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people, committed to each others success
- Regular team activities (incl. TGIF at the roof terrace)
- You have worked with machine learning in a professional setting for at least 2 years, or have equivalent experience.
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field, or you have equivalent experience.
- You have experience with the Python ML stack (e.g. Pandas, Dask, Scikit, Tensorflow/PyTorch).
- You can swiftly navigate large (time-series) datasets, manipulate them, and extract relevant information from them.
- You are familiar with Deep Learning techniques (neural networks, recurrent models). However, you know there is more to machine learning than deep learning.
- [bonus] You have worked with sensor data in industrial applications.
- You are very curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You work meticulously. People around you trust your work results, and rightly so.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.