Database and Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Data/Backend engineer that can comfortably navigate through our large scale databases and can contribute to the development of our backend systems independently of the programming language.
Who we are
Jungle develops and applies Artificial Intelligence to increase the uptime and performance of renewable energy sources. Built on existing sensors and data streams, the company’s technology enables solar and wind energy owners to squeeze more out of their assets, accelerating the world’s transition to renewable energy sources.
We have productised our services into a web application and are continuously improving it to ensure that our best analyses and visualisations help our users get the maximum energy out of their assets. We operate at a large scale - billions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. This is not your average dashboard, we’re talking about intelligently visualising handling large quantities of data to drive performant visualisations and functionality.
Why do we need you?
You will be working on the development and maintenance of our core database that powers our web product, as well as the different systems that interact with it. You will be wearing many hats, most notably:
- you will be part of developing and maintaining our backend system that interacts and handles large quantities of data
- you will be part of managing, optimizing and extending our core databases
- you will be working closely with our machine learning and software teams to align all parties on data requirements and helping with the development of internal tools and data pipelines.
Why work with us?
- Join a funded start-up in the scaling phase.
- You have the opportunity to use your skills to create a meaningful change in this world.
- We care about your growth and assign you a personal mentor to help you achieve this.
- As part of a small and experienced team, you can enjoy freedom in your work and be involved in all areas of our product.
- We offer you a flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location. We are a remote-friendly company.
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals.
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people.
- Demonstrable experience (3 years) in developing and
maintaining backend technologies for modern web applications in
- Experience with SQL (eg. Postgres, Timescale) and NoSQL (eg. InfluxDB, Redis) databases
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- You have production-level experience in deployed databases running on scalable infrastructure
- Experience in agile environments and development workflows using git or similar tools, and CI/CD tools such as Gitlab CI or Jenkins.
[preferred] Experience with one or more of nodeJS, fastAPI, GraphQL and Typescript would be a plus
[preferred] Experience with frontend technologies like React or Vue.js would be a bonus
[preferred] You understand what is a machine learning model and have experience with MLOps
- You have no problems in learning new concepts while building essential tools
- You are a generalist that likes to wear many hats and build bridges between teams
- You’re pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes
- You are a pioneer and you know sometimes you just have to dive into the
deep end and it's safe to do so
- You are curious and won’t stop searching and asking questions until you find the answer