Front-end Developer (mid-level)
We are looking for a mid-level Front-end developer with a solid track record in React and/or Vue. You'll be part of a small and agile team developing our web application Canopy; building new features, clever interactions, and enlightening data visualisation charts! You will be working together tightly with the product team led by one of the founders and a solid machine learning & devops engineering team to build product technology that is already creating an impact on a global scale.
Who we are
Jungle develops and applies Artificial Intelligence to increase the uptime and performance of renewable energy sources. Built on existing sensors and data streams, our technology enables solar and wind energy owners to squeeze more out of their assets, accelerating the world’s transition to renewable energy sources.
We have productised our services into a web application and are continuously improving it to ensure that our best analyses and visualisations help our users get the maximum energy out of their assets. We operate at large scale - billions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. This is not your average dashboard, we’re talking about intelligently visualising handling large quantities of data to drive performant visualisations and functionality.
Why do we need you?
Translating results of Machine Learning models to real-life insights is challenging. We provide our users with high-level actionable insights and also with the tools and charts to dive into their data as deep as they want to go. This requires a lot of clever metrics, scalable visualisations, and well-designed interactions. We have tons of ideas and are looking to increase the team to make these a reality.
- Spearhead the development of the front-end stack across our product suite. Focussing on standardised modular and robust implementation of reusable components and functionality.
- Tackling challenges such as swift visualisation of millions of data points in various plot types, and conveying the complex phenomena that occur in our customers systems in a simple and effective digital environment.
- Maturing our codebase and preparing it for an accelerating growth.
- Working together with the wider engineering team to bring them into the fold and allowing them to work with the tools you and your team build.
- Research new (upcoming) technologies that will considerably improve the user experience and or development time of our products.
Why work with us?
- You have the opportunity to use your skills to accelerate the energy transition; arguably the most important challenge of our generation
- You will be working on features and components that will require you to learn and explore new technologies
- We care about your growth and assign you a personal mentor to help you achieve this
- As part of a small and experience team, you can enjoy freedom in your work and be involved in all areas of our product
- Jungle has a flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people
- Demonstrable experience (at least 4 years) in developing and deploying both front-end technology for modern web applications in production; experience in React and/or Vue.
- You have production level experience in deployed web applications running on scalable infrastructure
- You understand the impact of the code you are writing, you are able to think in terms of rendering performance, memory and how things will work out once used by multiple people simultaneously
- A firm understanding of when (and when not) to use abstractions/frameworks for state management and view rendering. More importantly, if you do, which ones and why.
(Easily ticking all the boxes above? We also have a Senior Front-end Position open!)
- You Marie Kondo your project structure. Everything sparks joy and you fold code in such a way that it stands on its own
- You know and love a module called [insert-random-word].js and you believe it can change the way we work
- You’re pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes
- You are a pioneer and you know sometimes you just have to dive into the deep end and it's safe to do so and that gives you energy
- You are curious and won’t stop searching and asking questions until you find the answer