Machine Learning Engineer (junior/mid-level)
We’re looking for a driven and pragmatic builder, who wants to use their skills and experience to solve meaningful problems and build world-changing solutions. Whether it’s developing a predictive maintenance solution for hundreds of wind turbines, forecast the power production of large wind farms or solving an industry-wide manufacturing defect for a steel manufacturer, you’re comfortable to knock any challenge out of the park using a laptop, an LSTM, and a cup of coffee. As part of our Applied Machine Learning team, your mission will be to radically improve the way that our customers operate their electro-mechanical assets to improve their efficiency. You’ll be exploring large datasets, manipulating them, training models on them and pushing the models to production while using best practices for Machine Learning engineering and software development.
Why do we need you?
We need people to help us develop new products. Carrying out exploratory data analyses, formulating machine learning cases or coming up with clever solutions to complex problems during (virtual) white-boarding sessions with your team. Developing high-quality machine learning production code will be part of your week-to-week activities.
- We rapidly roll out existing products over different clients within an industry. You will speed up the process by automating the most time-consuming parts of these trajectories.
- We are building technology to remove as much manual work from our activities as possible. By contributing to our tools you will enable Jungle engineers to work more efficiently.
- As machine learning is becoming a common term, we need you to help the world dream about the possibilities of this technology whilst remaining humble, pragmatic, and down to earth.
Why work with us?
- Use your skills to have a meaningful impact in the world!
- Work with modern technologies (both in ML and software engineering)
- Be part of a young start-up; we move fast!
- Flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people, committed to each others success
- You have worked with machine learning in a professional setting for at least 1 year, or have equivalent experience.
- You have a MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or related field, or you have equivalent experience.
- You have experience with the Python ML stack (e.g. Pandas, Dask, Scikit, Tensorflow/PyTorch).
- You have experience in developing data pipelines and ETL frameworks.
- You are proficient in code versioning tools such as Git.
- You can swiftly navigate large (time-series) datasets, manipulate them, and extract relevant information from them.
- You are familiar with Deep Learning techniques (neural networks, recurrent models). However, you know there is more to machine learning than deep learning.
- You are a practitioner with experience in software development best practices and is comfortable managing software complexity.
- [bonus] You have worked with sensor data in industrial applications.
- You are very curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You work meticulously. People around you trust your work results, and rightly so.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.